Friday, January 3, 2014

Looking Forward to '14

2 years ago at this time I was in Disney World, about to run my first (and so far only) half marathon.

One year ago today I was in Roma, at Epiphany Mass with Pope Benedict XVI at St Peter's, then finishing up orientation and moving into my dorm, beginning my semester abroad.

Today I'm hanging out in Massachusetts watching a pirate fight (babysitting my Jack Sparrow obsessed cousins for the weekend with my sister). Tonight I'll prepare for the GRE practice test I'm taking tomorrow and flip back and forth between the Jimmy Fallon special and the Bachelor. 

Wild and crazy, I know. But despite the lack of glamour, I'm looking forward to what 2014 holds for me. Last year at this time I was scared out of my mind. I had no idea what had possessed me to move to a country where I didn't speak the language and the people I went with were just as unknown. And look how well that turned out! 2013 was undoubtedly the best year of my life. My semester abroad changed me in the best ways, and then I had an awesome summer and a great start to junior year.

I'm not intimidated by 2013. I'm not trying to top it, nor do I feel like I've peaked. I'm in a really great place. I feel like I've made some solid gains in my plans for the future, narrowing down Masters programs and preparing for the GRE. I've been asked back to the summer job that I love and I'll have a new job this semester that I think will be fun. 

I'm kinda lovin life. 

Here's to '14.

Love, Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment