Sunday, December 29, 2013

Home (Take 2)

After an 8 month blogging break, I've decided to get back into posting on here. I loved sharing on here when I was abroad in Rome last Spring, and with the New Year, I've decided to write more often. Here we go!

I'm posting from New Hampshire now, sitting by the blazing wood stove on the couch, where I've been firmly situated for most of the day. I have a whole month off this year, as opposed to the couple weeks I had at home last year before heading off to Roma on January 2nd. I only have a few things to get done over break, which is weird to get used to after the crazy amount of work this semester kept me doing.

Fall 2013 was not half bad. I wasn't expecting much from the semester after being abroad, but I kinda loved it. I came into it after a great summer working at camp, and it wasn't long before Mill South 207 was my favorite place to come home to. I love, love, love the ladies I am so blessed to live with. They keep me laughing and love me despite my less lovable qualities (cough, burping excessively, cough).

CAC predictably took over my life, and (most of the time) I was happy to let it. I think this whole year I'm going to be fighting those doubts telling me that since I'm not a competing varsity athlete at CUA anymore that I have nothing to offer to our athletes, but I'm keeping on. Planning Athletes Retreat was definitely a highlight of my semester and I'm really proud of how it went. However, I still have that desire to be in ministry in a larger way, which is why I'm spending yet another winter break (3rd times the charm?) on the Student Minister app. I'll keep ya posted.

Next semester holds 6 classes (yay Mission Trip class), a new job, a big event to lead for CAC, and Mission Trip Jamaica to close it out! I'm sure there will be bumps along the way, but I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for catching up!
Love, Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment