Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sailing away from the safe harbor


Fall 2012 at CUA is coming to a close.  For me, this doesn't just mean pretending to study for finals, while really studying Facebook and Twitter, or checking to see how many dining dollars I have left so I know how many Starbucks breaks I can afford, or looking at my exam schedule so I can plan my procrastination perfectly. 

It also means packing up my entire side of Unanue 106, having mini emotional breakdowns on a daily basis, and getting ready to say goodbye to so many of the incredible people I've been blessed to have in my life. 

One month from today, I'll be flying out of the US on my way to Italy. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to be spending the Spring 2013 semester in Rome. Right now, I'm just really sad to be leaving.  I'm leaving behind the place that has been my home for the past year and a half, CUA, where I've made such great friends that have helped me become the person I'm so proud to be today.  So even though I know you'll all be here when I get back, I thought it would help for me to have a way to keep you all updated on my adventures while I'm in Rome!

I'll try to be posting regularly when I'm in Italy, probably once or twice a week.  So check back here often, and until then, make sure to see me before I move out on December 14th!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

Love, Chris


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great opportunity. Merry Christmas and Happy New Near in the mean time. Have a great next semester in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to live vicariously through all of your adventures! Check out my blog at eskora.wordpress.com for some tips on how to survive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might've just spent the last hour reading every post... Thanks!!

      Delete